Group Lotus plc (“Lotus”) takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting it.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please take the time to review this policy so that you understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect the following data about you:
- Information provided by you by filling in forms on our websites, including any microsites.?
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our websites and microsites and the resources that you access.
- Any data provided by you to us directly during a purchase transaction.
- Each time you visit our websites, microsites or use one of our Apps we will automatically collect personal data including Device, Content and Usage Data. We collect this data by cookies and other similar technologies.
- We will collect telemetry data (e.g. battery life, engine temperature and distance travelled data) from your vehicle in order to provide you with technical and support services.
- Once you have used our App to pair your vehicle we also use GNSS technology to determine your vehicle’s location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling Location Services in your vehicle’s settings menu.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data analysed for browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same purposes, Lotus may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password enabling you to access certain parts of our site, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential. Please do not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your personal data, Lotus cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information collected:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To enable you to use the services offered within our App and if you have consented to enable you to use the location enabled services.
We may contact you by email, post or telephone.
Additionally, we may use your personal data [in an anonymous form] to analyse our customer profiles and for statistical purposes. We may share this anonymised statistical information with third parties as part of market research purposes. We may also share your personal data with companies within the Lotus group of companies and selected third party companies.
Lotus will not rent out or sell our customer lists to any other organisation.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to other members of our group of companies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If such parties are used by us to provide you with services for which you have contracted with us.
- If you have provided information to our websites or microsites, we may publish the? personal information you have provided alongside the information to enhance and personalise the information you have shared, save that we will not disclose your email on our websites or microsites.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lotus or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Lotus about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lotus, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
- If you have expressed an interest in buying products or services from us or from our selected partners, we will retain your contact details and related information concerning your enquiry for 5 years from the date that we last had contact with you.
- If you have purchased goods or services from us or from our selected partners, we will keep the data relating to that purchase (e.g. order forms and invoices and related correspondence) for 7 years from the date of the contract.
- Records of any discussions through our web chat facility will be kept for 6 months.
- If you have submitted information which is published on our websites or microsites, we will keep your contact details and related information provided for 6 months after ceasing to use the data on our websites or microsites, or 6 months after choosing not to publish your information, whichever is sooner.
- If you have requested that we do not send you marketing information we will always retain sufficient information to ensure that we remember to comply with your request.
- In the event that you do not use our App for a period of 12 months then we will treat the account as expired and your personal data may be deleted. A 30 day advance warning notice is issued prior to expiration.
- The periods stated in this section may be extended if we are required by law to keep your data for a longer period.?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or at:
Webmaster, Group Lotus plc, Potash Lane, Hethel, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8EZ UK.
You have the right to object to the processing, restrict or stop processing or request deletion of the personal data we hold on you. If you do ask us to delete or stop processing it, we may not be required to do so if legislation does not allow us to, i.e. for safety issues.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any excessive or unfounded access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our administration costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Webmaster, Group Lotus plc, Potash Lane, Hethel, Norwich, Norfolk NR14 8EZ UK.
If you are not happy, or have a complaint about the way we use your personal information, we hope that you will contact us at the above address. If you are not satisfied, you may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioners office which is the supervisory authority who regulates personal data in the UK.